Annie’s Gluten Free Lunch Box Broccoli Cheddar bites
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Total time: 10 Minutes
This social sharing feature is not available with your current cookie settings.
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.
- 1 box Annie’s Gluten Free Rice Pasta & Cheddar
- 2 cups gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 4 cup real sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup broccoli florets, steamed and chopped fine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and prepare the Annie’s Gluten Free Rice pasta as per the directions on the box.
- Place the macaroni and cheese into the refrigerator until cold and firm, about 1 hour.
- Steam the broccoli, drain and chop. Set aside.
- Remove the Annies pasta from the refrigerator and place into to food a processor. Pulse to chop. Make sure not to chop too fine so you can still see the noodles
- In a large bowl, mix together the chopped Annies, cheddar cheese, broccoli and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Lightly spray the parchment with cooking spray
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, roll macaroni and cheese into 1 1/4 inch balls, forming about 12
- Working one at a time, dip balls into the gluten free flour then the eggs eggs. Dredge into the gluten breadcrumbs , pressing to coat.
- Place pan in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes until golden and crunchy.
- Serve with ketchup or your kids favorite dip and enjoy
- Double the recipe and freeze Annie's bites for an after-school snack.