Mac ‘n Cheese Peppers and Peas
Mac and cheese never met a veggie it didn’t like! This recipe calls for peas and red bell pepper for some added summer flavour.
This social sharing feature is not available with your current cookie settings.
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.
- 1 box (170 g) Annie's™ Shells & Real Aged Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Annie's™ organic Cheddar Bunnies™ crackers, crushed
- In 2-quart (2 L) saucepan, make Shells & Real Aged Cheddar as directed on box, increasing milk to 1/2 cup (125 mL).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in bell pepper, sweet peas and 3/4 cup (175 mL) of the cheese until well mixed.
- Cook over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through and cheese is melted.
- In small bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) cheese and the crackers until well mixed.
- Sprinkle evenly over shells mixture.
- Serve with crusty French bread.
- For a complete meal, add your favourite veggie protein or grilled chicken.